Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I need feeding suggestions?

You are doing a great job! I think spoon feeding a child until they are 6 or 7 is silly. The child knows when they are full better then a parent does. Forcing a child to eat when they aren't hungry anymore can cause obesity later in life because they learn to ignore their bodies natural signals of fullness. Stick with the not willing to substitute, it will be a great thing when she gets older. Kids won't let themselves starve and she'll eventually give in and eat it and might find she likes it. Offering variety is a great idea too. The only method I found to make my kids open up and take bites when I offered it and they were being stubborn, was to make funny noises and when they'd open their mouth to laugh, I'd put the spoonful in really quick. Most of the time it didn't get spit back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment